Mid Atlantic Koi Club
Serving koi, pond, and water gardening enthusiasts of the Mid Atlantic region and beyond
An active and friendly club for people who are interested in the study and enjoyment of Koi, Goldfish, outdoor ponds, and water gardens. Meetings provide a variety of activities, including lectures, pond tours and Koi shows, as well as an opportunity to meet other enthusiasts. MAKC can offer assistance in all phases of Koi keeping, from pond design and construction, to selecting, breeding, feeding and care of fish, as well as aquatic plant information.
The Official Magazine of the Mid Atlantic Koi Club
- By the Lily Pond, learn about lilies! By Gia Lanigan, owner of www.Waterlilies2U.com
- Checklist to prepare your pond for fall
- Common parasites and recommended treatments
- Feeding koi during the winter months
1. Social: Clubs are a great way to meet people and have a lot of fun
2. Promote Awareness: Help promote education and awareness about ponds and fish
3. Enrichment: Being part of a club can be an enriching experience
4. Networking: You will have the opportunity to meet and network with other people with similar interests
5. Exposure: Expose you to real life experiences with ponds. You can read it on the web but it does not tell the whole story.
6. Assistance: We give you the opportunity to give or receive assistance from those who lived it.