Mid Atlantic Koi Club
Serving koi, pond, and water gardening enthusiasts of the Mid Atlantic region and beyond
An active and friendly club for people who are interested in the study and enjoyment of Koi, Goldfish, outdoor ponds, and water gardens. Meetings provide a variety of activities, including lectures, pond tours and Koi shows, as well as an opportunity to meet other enthusiasts. MAKC can offer assistance in all phases of Koi keeping, from pond design and construction, to selecting, breeding, feeding and care of fish, as well as aquatic plant information.
The Official Magazine of the Mid Atlantic Koi Club
Do you know if your fish are stressed? Stress can cause health issues for your Koi learn how to handle stress. Pond lovers typically also like aquatic plants, especially the Lotus. See and read, from our lotus expert Kelly Billing, about the lotus. This issue is packet with helpful articles – Koi First Aid, Winter and Your Pond, Backwashing Filters, Ranchu Goldfish and for fun a crossword puzzle.
1. Social: Clubs are a great way to meet people and have a lot of fun
2. Promote Awareness: Help promote education and awareness about ponds and fish
3. Enrichment: Being part of a club can be an enriching experience
4. Networking: You will have the opportunity to meet and network with other people with similar interests
5. Exposure: Expose you to real life experiences with ponds. You can read it on the web but it does not tell the whole story.
6. Assistance: We give you the opportunity to give or receive assistance from those who lived it.